Truest Options with the Social Security Cards
There are two ways in which legal permanent residents or green card holders may apply for a Social Security card in the United States.
Green card applications may be filed with visa applications. Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration (Form DS 230) or Immigrant Visa Electronic Application (Form DS 260), all of which may be accessed on the US Department of State website, must be submitted (DoS). There is no need to visit the Social Security Administration in person or submit a separate application to get a Social Security card.
This is because getting your Social Security card will involve a collaborative effort between the Department of State and the Department of Homeland Security. This will be sent to you within three weeks of your arrival in the United States and will serve as your official welcome package. If you move or forget to pick up your Social Security card in time, you must notify the local Social Security Administration (SSA) office. To edit social security card it works fine.
However, you will need to apply for a Social Security Card at the local Social Security Administration office if you did not do so when you submitted your visa application. It will take at least two weeks from the moment you start the procedure to get your Social Security card. The required paperwork to finish this procedure is as follows:
- Your birth certificate, and the birth certificates of any family members filing for Social Security Cards at the same time as you.
- Methods of Application for Citizens and Other Non-Immigrants Instructions for Applying for a Social Security Card
- Non-immigrant visa holders, such as students and H1B employees, must provide the following information and paperwork in order to apply for a Social Security card:
- SS-5 Application You may also get this data in person from any Social Security Administration office or check it out online.
Certificate of Enrollment in SEVIS and accompanying Form I-20 or Form DS-2019 (for F-1 and J-1 visa holders, respectively)
- Evidence of your legal status to work in the U.S., such as a printout of your I-94 arrival/departure record.
- Some examples of such evidence are a letter of employment offer from the prospective company, a Form I-20 with a CPT endorsement, or an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) card.
- OIS correspondence on Social Security payments.
Can you tell me when you’ll be able to receive a new Social Security card?
If you need a new Social Security card, you’ll need to show that you meet the following conditions before we’ll issue one to you:
Where the problem lies in the fact that assigning successive numbers to relatives might lead to misunderstandings.
This provision applies if and only if duplicates have been issued
A new Social Security card may protect an individual from further harassment after becoming a victim of domestic abuse. This is true even when the person in question has been the aggressor.A person has an identity theft problem if they have had their Social Security Card stolen and are still having problems using it.